Subject: Vs: [Leica] Re: Hexar RF Focusing Problems?
From: "Raimo Korhonen" <raimo.korhonen@pp2.inet.fi>
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2000 17:08:17 +0200

Hi all!
I think that Practical Photography (June 2000) just made a simple focusing error. When photographing a pattern with a rangefinder it is too easy to align a wrong set of lines and I think that is what happened. Can be done with Leica as well as I can testify. It is easily avoided by checking the distance scale - which you normally never do - but if you are doing a test you should do.
The error is too gross to be caused by slight inaccuracy in back focus so no reason to try to invent improbable explanations for it.
BTW the PP stated that the Hexar is fully compatible with Leica lenses and that the rangefinder works perfectly.
All the best!
Raimo
photos at http://personal.inet.fi/private/raimo.korhonen