Subject: Re: [Leica] Leicaholics Anonymous
From: "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2000 08:49:17 -0700

"Hi! My name is Dan P., and I am a Leicaholic"
Goup's desultry reply, "Hi, Dan...."
Other Dan, what do you think this LUG is all about? There is even a 12 step
program that is mentioned occasionally... the only problem is that all
twelve steps involve getting even MORE Leica gear!
I have had SOME improvement- I have gone from nearly a dozen Leicas, to a
kit with an M6, IIIa and an SL. I hope to trim it even a little more...
since I am selling the SL.
It's difficult, but you really have to decide at some point whether to
acquire with the avarice that only a Leicaholic can display, or try to
control it, and actually get out and USE the darn things!
As a recovering Leicaholic, I am actually learning HOW to use the cameras I
have. I no longer cringe when someone says, "Hey! That's a neat camera...can
I see it?"
I actually let some of them hold mine, and if I have been heavily medicated
that morning or afternoon, I might even let them look through the viewfinder
or even trip the shutter!
I also find that I am less inclined to reply to the knock at my Inner Santum
with a, " I vant to alone...."; I am actually becoming a better person being
on the LUG.
Almost normal, now.
Dan ( The aliens quit taking me when I started to carry a Leica!) Post