Subject: [Leica] my camera should work for _me_ not t'other way round....
From: Kyle Cassidy <cassidy@netaxs.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 13:42:01 -0400 (EDT)

i complained about the m3 w/ aux finder being klunky and difficult to use
and the fact that i'd missed shots trying to figure out where to look.
chuck albertson responded:

>Practice, pracctice. It'll come to you. With the 28 (and now the 24), I
>get the focus in the ballpark through the camera's viewfinder, and then
>switch to the auxilary viewfinder to frame the shot. Unless the distance
>to the subject is radically altered after that, I don't worry too much
>about re-focusing. The depth of field of both lenses takes care of it,
>unless you're shooting wide open.

i'm probably in the minority here, but i don't think i should _have_ to
practice anything like framing or focusing. the camera, if it's not making
my life easier, is making my life harder, which in my book means it's
failing. luckily, it looks like i've gotten rid of this piece of junk
^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^ beautiful camera to another lugger who will appreciate
it's shortcomings ^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H unique and remarkable features. fingers
crossed, we'll know fer sure on monday.

kc

Replies: Reply from chucko@siteconnect.com (Chuck Albertson) (Re: [Leica] my camera should work for _me_ not t'other way round....)
Reply from "Craig Roberts" <croberts@zoomtel.com> (Re: [Leica] my camera should work for _me_ not t'other way round....)