Subject: [Leica] Ted's R8 winder - no spoof!
From: "Richard W. Hemingway" <rheming@attglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 11:52:32 -0500

Luggers,

As I said in my last post on this, actually it arrived in pristine shape
and works great.  Two things I noticed when I attached it to the camera:

1)  I had a film in the camera and when I attached it and pushed the
button, it advanced one film frame.  I think there is a way to not do this
and will see if it is in the manual??

2) I had to take off the regular battery compartment and replace it with
the winder.  I noticed that the frame counter kept the correct count (10
frames).  This is interesting as when the regular compartment is taken off
- - there is no battery in the camera.  I would have thought that it would
have gone back to 0???

Dick Hemingway
Plano, TX

Replies: Reply from "Richard W. Hemingway" <rheming@attglobal.net> (Re: [Leica] Ted's R8 winder - no spoof!)