Subject: [Leica] LUGgers
From: "Henning J. Wulff" <henningw@archiphoto.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 21:10:34 -0700

Having a little bit of time this evening (which some of you may have
noticed), I thought I might spread a bit of Luglore, or at least LUGnews.

After having visits from Arthur Kriek, Martin Howard, Joseph Yao and Adrian
Bradshaw in the last month or so, I went shopping today with Bill Grimwood
(his wife declined) for local Leica items. I helped him relieve himself of
some money at a local emporium (for which I expect proper discounts in the
future from said emporium) and he had all the stuff shipped off to Alabama
so as not to burden himself too much on his cruise to Alaska, and also not
to anger the customs officials when he returns home (many items were in new
boxes) and possibly to not upset his wife too much. She in turn thanked me
for taking him off her hands for a few hours.

We have a local store that shows about 10 to 20% of its wares in the
showcases, but can be enticed to drag the other stuff out. We went through
many bins and new boxes, finding lots of items that had been manufactured
in the 50's, 60's and 70's in NOS condition. How about a chrome 90/2
Summicron lenscap? If you want one now, ask Bill when  he gets home. He's
got some spares. He had no use for the new extension tubes for 400 and
560/6.8 Telyts until he found a 400 that he had to buy.

We talked quite a while about other things, photos and preferences and
gossiped about the LUG, and had a great time.

Anyways, as usual, it was a delight to meet a LUGger, and I have to say
that the greatest benefit of this list has been the people I've met through
it!

So, to all of you that I've met, the many that I might and the others that
I may have angered or upset to this point, I'd be delighted to meet with
you if ever you come to Vancouver.

   *            Henning J. Wulff
  /|\      Wulff Photography & Design
 /###\   mailto:henningw@archiphoto.com