Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Pornographers of the world Unite!
From: "Jim Laurel" <JimLaurel@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 12:27:54 -0700

Ah, Rob, it IS a big deal...  The same technology that makes it possible for
you to make that call from the peak of K2 will play a major role in erasing
slavery, genocidal fanatics, and a host of other social ills.  Information
is the currency of democracy, and the more informed people are, the less
they are willing to accept despotic and oppressive governments.

WRT video capture cards...why bother when you can download DV directly to
your computer via firewire?  If you've got old footage, then simply digitize
it with a MiniDV camera or deck, then download to the PC via firewire as
usual.

Sony and Apple are at the forefront of this technology.  Sony has announced
that they will be shipping some new software with the Vaio computers along
the lines of Apple's iMovie.  If you haven't tried iMovie on a Mac, check it
out.  It is so simple that it doesn't come with a manual or even any online
help.  It really is that easy to use.

- --Jim (waaaaay off topic)