Subject: [Leica] E-Bay Advise
From: "Pilot E-Mail" <wwaechte@capecod.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 11:54:04 -0700

I pass on my Goof.
I picked up an M3 from E-Bay  a couple months ago that was listed as being
in perfect working order but being sold AS IS with no reserve. I had to wait
a month for lens adapters before I could  make a test.
Well I ruined 3 rolls of film before I learned the problem. The rewind knob
fails to rewind the film. The prongs on the end  of the rewind shaft engage
but slip when turned.
Has any one on the List experienced this problem and if so what is the
solution?
The next time I will not trust the sellers statement.
HELP
Major Waechter
USAF Retired

PS, What is the best place in the North East for an M3 repair?

Replies: Reply from Bill Satterfield <cwsat@cyberhighway.net> (Re: [Leica] E-Bay Advise)
Reply from Ebert Steele <k5cad@prodigy.net> (Re: [Leica] E-Bay Advise)