Subject: Re: [Leica] OK...money where my Leica is.
From: "Steve LeHuray" <icommag@toad.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 10:22:35 -0400

> I've been on LUG (enjoying your wry humor) for nearly three months and have
> introduced myself and posted quite a bit on how I shoot and with what
> equipment, Mark. (Admittedly my Leica equipment is still very limited.)
>
> I am not a troll and this in not the stuff that I normally "like to shoot"
> (yet) but I was asked to shoot the job and liked the results better than
> standard porn that I've seen and thought to share it to get some feedback.
> I asked (more rhetorically tongue in cheek than not) "But is it art?" and
> have appreciated the comments on that regardless. I didn't shoot this as
> 'art' but as documentary shots that a couple wanted.
>
> I don't consider anything I do as 'art'. I try to just produce good
> photography. On occasion, I actually DO. As the old saying goes: "I don't
> know Art, but I know what I like." From what I've seen of it, I view the
> 'art' world much like the director of the movie "Pecker."
>
> You have my apologies if such imagery is unwarranted on LUG and if the LUG
> consensus finds it troubling, I will abstain from linking to such in the
> future.
>
> Carpe Lumen,
> Michael E. Berube
> http://www.goodphotos.com

I do not wish to get into the discussion whether those pictures were "Art"
or not (maybe they are). Nor do I care about the soft-porn aspect of the
pictures. To me the bigger question, since you were hired to do the
"project" (don't we love that term?), did the "client" ask for dark, fuzzy
pictures?

Steve
Annapolis

http://www.streetphoto.net