Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica CL / CLE vs. Bessa-R
From: "Peter M. C. Choy" <pmcchoy@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2000 21:12:15 -0700

I'd like to speculate on what sense he might have meant by "reliable". I've
had a CLE for a while now (along with M cameras and even a new Bessa-R) and
my sense is that the CLE is a somewhat fragile species, perhaps because of
the agedness of its electronics, particularly in comparison with the
mechanical robustness of the M3, M6 et al.  Nevertheless, it remains one of
my favorite photographic tools, and perhaps my favorite camera simply for
"taking along" when I have no particular agenda that would indicate a
specific choice.  Because of its ease of use, auto exposure, evolved design,
and small form factor, it lends itself well to my getting a high percentage
of photographs when I am just "taking it along" -- in this sense, it is
highly reliable tool.  Not sure it would be my camera of choice in the
set up described below -- but am encouraged that it is so highly regarded.

Peter C.

- ------Original Message------ From: ARTHURWG@aol.com To:
leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us Sent: June 19, 2000 2:11:00 AM GMT

I was walking past a laundramat in my neighborhood a while back and I see
some fashion photographer snapping away inside with a whole set up and crew.
The model was a young girl in a white dress, on sholder strap askew, sitting
on top of one of the washers, looking like she had just overdosed on some
heavy drug. The photographer was Arthur Elgot and he was using a CLE!  "It's
my most relaible camera," he said.