Subject: [Leica] MAJOR Waechter
From: Robert Appleby and Sue Darlow <laintal@tin.it>
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2000 23:16:36 +0200

Pilot E-Mail wrote:

> Sal.
> Please explain your meaning of the big difference between GIDDY and Pumped.
>
> Major Waechter
><Snip>

I looked it up!
Giddy:
"dizzy, vertiginous. The central meaning shared by these adjectives is
“producing a sensation of whirling and a tendency to fall”: a giddy
precipice; a
dizzy pinnacle; a vertiginous height."
In other words: NOT A GOOD ADJECTIVE FOR WINNING HELECOPTOR PILOTS

Pumped:
 "Electromagnetic radiation used to raise atoms or molecules to a higher
energy level."
In other words: A MUCH BETTER ADJECTIVE FOR WINNING HELECOPTOR PILOTS
although the idiom seems to have gone around this dictionary!
Mark :-) Rabiner
time to pass on to a higher energy level...

<<<<<<<<<
Dear Mark, this is a truly masterful response.
If I had read this first, I wouldn't have responded to the Major myself.
Very best regards,
Rob.
Robert Appleby and Sue Darlow
Via Bellentani 36