Subject: Re: [Leica] OK...money where my Leica is.
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2000 08:40:11 -0600

I am glad to see that the message about wearing protection is finally
getting through :-( .  I admire the photo aesthetically but I am troubled by
the content. I recently purchased a book of Mapplethorpe's (sp?) more
challenging work and, though I knew he was not going to play with kid's
gloves, have not sufficiently recovered to speak rationally on this type of
subject matter. Your photo is quite mild but it echoes with me of
Mapplethorpe's much stronger work. I am vaguely open minded and
laissez-faire about what consenting adults do privately but I find myself
thinking about what kind of childhood would create such desires. It is
tragic in ways that are heightened by knowing it is consensual. Oh well....

John Collier