Subject: [Leica] light leak in IIIf?
From: jkish@mind.net
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 14:16:35 -0700

I got a weird roll of film today...about 1/4 of the shots had three bright
spots, running vertically, along the left edge of the frame. Film was T Max
3200, subjects were a mix of outdoor, indoor, mostly pretty low light, but
some were a bit brighter, shot at 1/500 or 1/000. A 50mm Summar and 35mm
Elmar were used about 1/2 and 1/2, and both had the spots on some frames,
so I guess it isn't the lens.

I've heard the IIIc is prone to light leaks, but I haven't had problems in
the past with this IIIf body or the 2 lenses, and film from a week earlier
was fine. Could it have spring 3 new light leaks so fast? Or?

Thanks for any help,

Jim

Replies: Reply from ottmar-x@t-online.de (Keith Bingman) (Re: [Leica] light leak in IIIf?)