Subject: Re: [Leica] Why Leica is worth it
From: "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 10:58:20 -0700

I don't doubt it, but it is just my old peepers can't really tell that much
difference. I am also tone deaf, and couldn't carry a tune in a bucket- My
old 25 year old Fisher amp sounds as good to me as my buddy's Megadeath
Sound System- I don't know what it cost, but I probably couldn't pay the
property taxes on it.
He'll say, "Didja hear that?"
I'm going, "Wha'?!"
I can see the difference in the Leitz/Leica lenses- probably because I can
enlarge them, scan 'em, and really put them through their paces. I don't
doubt the binoculars are on the same par as the camera lenses, but for what
little binocular use I do, I simply can't justify buying a pair.
Maybe I might spring for a surplus pair of those Zeiss-Jena glasses that are
on the market now....

Dan ( Through a glass, darkly!) Post