Subject: [Leica] Why Leica is worth it
From: drodgers@nextlink.com
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 15:01:03 -0700

Dan

>>I find very little difference in looking at birds through my wife's Nikon
binoculars, and my friend's Leica binoculars- the Leitz IS brighter, but
sometimes our own limitations interfere with our appreciation of some
things!<<

I bought a pair of Leitz binoculars in Germany some years ago. I hunted elk
when I lived in Colorado. My two hunting buddies ridiculed me for paying so
much for my binoculars (I know they were envious. They just wouldn't admit
it. Just like I won't admit that I took some satisfaction in that).

One of my buddies claimed that he could just as well through his
binoculars, which were in fact a popular and relatively expensive brand. I
admit, he had a point. Each day we spent hours on end glassing the draws
and ravines for signs of elk. I enjoyed that more than anything else. Each
night my buddy would complain that he had a headache. Finally, on the last
day of hunting we decided to switch binoculars. At the end of that day I
had a headache and he didn't

The next year my buddy showed up to camp with a pair of Leitz binoculars.

Dave

Replies: Reply from "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com> (Re: [Leica] Why Leica is worth it)