Subject: Re: [Leica] it DOESN'T work well for leica!
From: "Joe Codispoti" <joecodi@thegrid.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 14:54:36 -0700

Yesterday, by invitation, I attended a pre-schooler's graduation (by the way
Joe, can you bring your camera?).

Not owning a Noctilux I almost turned down the invitation. I was envisioning
horrible scenes of little brats scurring around as I tried to focus, frame,
and fire without missing the little darling's moment of glory.

Then it struck me, why not indulge in heresy and use available light to best
advantage? That meant - dare I say it - flash, very available, very
adaptable.
It took place in a church, lighting levels similar to hospitals. Set the
flash to TTL, set the camera to AV mode and the focus to AF (oh yes, it was
not the M6).

Took the film to a lab confident that the results, while not worthy of LUG
approval, will please the parents and, no doubt, I will be envited to
grammar, high school, and college graduation.

Later today however, at sunset, I am going to do some duck feeding at a
local lagoon with M6 and 24mm.

Cheers,
Joe