Subject: Re: [Leica] it DOESN'T work well for leica!
From: drodgers@nextlink.com
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 11:53:44 -0700

Dick

"What is meant by superior?" That's indeed an excellent question. I tend to
look at things through the grid of my own experiences, personal
preferences, etc. And that grid may be quite different from someone else's.
One person's superior isn't neccessarily another persons.

Comparing the 75/1.4 M to the 80/1.4 R is like comparing apples to oranges.
I really doubt whether anyone could tell a difference between the 75 M and
80 R merely by looking at photographs made with one or the other (and isn't
that really what counts?). So saying one lens is superior to the other is
almost like saying a rangefinder system is superior to and SLR system, or
visa versa.

Dave

Perhpas I should have said that I have read very little about either lens.
What I have read has compared the 75/1.4 M as superior to the 80/1.4.
However, I don't really know what was meant about 'superior.'  I hardly
remember reading anything about the 35/1.4-R.

Pascal is a great boster of both lenses.  When I was thinking about buying
the 80 he e-mailed me a number of high resolution pics taken with it.

Dick Hemingway
Plano, TX>>>>>>