Subject: Re: [Leica] it DOESN'T work well for leica!
From: drodgers@nextlink.com
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 11:12:12 -0700

Richard

>>BTW two the most underrated lenses that I have used, IMO, are the
35/1,4-R
and the 80/1.4-R both of which I like as well as if not better than the
35/1.4-asph-M and the 75/1.4-M.<<

Who's under rating those lenses? Everything I've read about the 35 and 85
Summilux Rs is that they are top notch. I wish I had one of each.

>>P.S.  BTW2 - has anyone tried to the the 2X extender (not APO) on the
85/1.4???<<

No, but I had one and used in on a 90/2-R. It made a very nice 180/4, and I
shot it wide open without hesitation. I traded the adaptor in when I bought
the 80-200/4. I'll admit that I'm not a big fan of converters, even though
I should be. They're very handy. The Leica adaptor is excellent, but I had
a bad experience with adaptors years ago and I just haven't recovered.

BTW, I kept the 90/2-R (though I thought about trading it in, too). I
really like that lens. I use it quite a bit. The wider aperture comes in
handy at times. The 80-200 at 90 performs every bit as well as the 90/2 at
f4, so there's some overlap there. But my 80-200 is a ROM lens and the 90/2
is just a 3-cam. Sadly, I can't use the 80-200 on my SL.

Dave