Subject: Re: [Leica] best leica lens for foot surgery....
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 12:16:28 -0600

Thank you for all that advice which arrived too late to be of assistance
this time. I am not sure that the local Leica chaps have a Nocti in stock
that I could picked up on short notice anyway. I did actually follow your
advice clairivoyantly closely. I used a Viso/Bellows/Hektor combo to take
the before picture. I had one scary moment when, after packing up the Viso,
I remembered I had forgotten to adjust my exposure for the magnification!
Then I remembered that I used my TTL and did not have too. Is not technology
amazing! All the rest of the shots were with the 35 Summilux Asph though I
brought a 50 Summicron which never saw the ghostly light of the hospital
day. I shot Portra 400NC and have not had time to get it processed yet but
it always has brought home the bacon before. They would not let me in to the
surgery (even though I ranted about fascism, freedom of the press, etc) but
were otherwise jolly people who thought me likewise charming if a little
eccentric. In between ministering to my wife and photographing, I ran into
an old acquaintance who at one time I wanted to date but her absolute drop
dead gorgeousness was rather intimidating. She subsequently married,
procreated and divorced and it was great to trade "ex" stories with her. She
still is quite a hormone carbonater.........hmmm, I seem to be wandering a
little off topic! My much beloved wife is recovering nicely, now at home,
and the only scary thing was placating a wife who has not had coffee is over
18 hours! The TTL performed well and I will update you on that in another
post soon.

Cheers

John Collier