Subject: Re: [Leica] LUG Photo Critique
From: john <bosjohn@mediaone.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 23:41:09 +0100

Nathan Wajsman wrote:

> Martin,
>
> It does sound interesting, and if you do it I will participate.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Nathan
>
> Martin Howard wrote:
>
> > Not at all.  I could volunteer to keep a page up that has the photo of the
> > month to be critiqued posted on it.  People can then point their browser to
> > that URL (I'd post a message in the LUG when a new photo was put up there)
> > and write their comments to the LUG, perhaps using "Photo Critique:" as the
> > start of a subject line.
> >
> > The tricky bit is the photos. I can see two scenarios:
> >
> >   a) Lots of people submit pictures to be critiqued.  How do you select
> >      which one to put up?
> >
> >   b) Very few people submit pictures to be critiqued.
> >
> > Actually, (a) isn't much of a problem.  First come, first served.  I'd
> > simply keep the JPEGs on file and put them in in the order I receive them.
> >
> > Hmm, this is actually beginning to sound like something that's taking form.
> > Is anyone interested in this?
> >
> > M.
> >
> > --

Yes, I am very interested, but perhaps instead of just one photo a month one
from each poster who chose to post a photo per month unless the number becomes
to large. In that case we could limit the number to the ten or so, what ever
works on the site and will not over burden the groups time to critique.
John Shick

Message from Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch> (Re: [Leica] LUG Photo Critique)