Subject: [Leica] Leica CL / CLE vs. Bessa-R
From: "William Gower" <wgower@eco-tec.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 16:23:03 +0000

I'm wondering about peoples impressions experience with the CL and CLE ? I'm
pretty much aware of issues such as incompatibilities with certain lenses,
the 40/50/90 viewfinder, ect. Basically, I'm wondering what a better buy
would be - a CL / CLE or a Bessa-R. Personally, I have a leaning towards all
mechanical cameras, so the CLE would be the last choice.

Does the CL have a nice Leica "feel" in terms of film advance, shutter, ect.
Or does it fall really short in the quality department - i.e can you tell it
was made in Japan ? (No offence or trolls intended. Honest.)

How about expected service life ? Can you expect many years of faithful
service ?

Any and all (positive / constructive) feedback welcome.

Thanks

William