Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: it DOESN'T work well for leica!
From: "Joe Codispoti" <joecodi@thegrid.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 08:29:20 -0700

From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>

> Wellll....With all due respect to Tina and Ted, who might be the  LUG's
two
> biggest Noctocates and are among the  list's best shooter - there are many
> many great photographers who often work successfully in very low level
light
> without benefit of a Noctilux....The name Salgado immediately springs to
> mind..:-)

This is not to negate the work of any photographer who uses Noctilux lenses:
I would rather see a portrait of a person taken with fill flash at f/4.0
than one with dark eye sockets taken at f/1.4 in existing light.

It is not the amount of light that counts. It is the quality of light that
will make or break the photograph.

Joseph Codispoti

Replies: Reply from "Ken Iisaka" <ken@iisaka.org> (Re: [Leica] Re: it DOESN'T work well for leica!)
Reply from Ted Grant <tedgrant@home.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: it DOESN'T work well for leica!)