Subject: [Leica] Re: Tell Me About This Lens Now: TE versus new elmarit
From: drodgers@nextlink.com
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 18:07:37 -0700

Dan,

>>But then you would have two 90/2.8 lenses.  Would you see yourself using
both of them?<<

In my reply to Bill I should have mentioned a third reason I kept the thin
TE for a time. I thought it might come in handy, because it has the same
filter size as my 35/2 Summicron M.

Filters are expensive. I only use a couple of filters, but when each lens
requires a different size it's a pita -- both to buy and to carry.

I had thoughts of a compact 35/2, 90/2.8 TE kit and a faster 35/1.4 ASPH,
90/2.8 Elmarit kit. Both of these pairs have the same filter size.

In reality, I haven't used my 35/2 since I bought the 35/1.4, and I
probably never will. So, I sold the 90/2.8 TE, and I'm trying to work up
the courage to sell my 35/2 Summicron. I'm embarrassed to say it, but it's
almost like I'm emotionally attached to the 35/2. It served me well for
many years.

Dave