Subject: [Leica] Leica in a Messerschmitt
From: Kurt Miska <k.miska@french-rogers.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 10:17:59 -0400

LUGers
With my more than passing interest in World War Two combat airplanes, I
surprised myself when leafing through “Messerschmitt Bf 109, in Action”,
part 2.  I spotted what is clearly a Leica installed in a Bf 109 (page
24). You can see the cable release hanging down and the classic film
advance knob. The squinty little eye piece is also visible. The Leica is
mounted vertically so that it points straight out of the front of the
windshield. Nothing automated here. No motor drive. This particular
machine served as a reconnaissance aircraft in southern Russia in ‘43.
If you desperately need this book, check your local hobby shop. I think
it’s still in print.
Kurt

Replies: Reply from Rick Dykstra <rdandcb@cybermac.com.au> (Re: [Leica] Leica in a Messerschmitt)