Subject: Re: [Leica] 35-70/2.8 out of production ???
From: Pitak Chenkosol <pitakc@ee.pdx.edu>
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2000 18:23:18 -0700 (PDT)

I asked our local Leica rep. about this lens. He asked me back that
how long I can wait. He told me that Leica has about 5-6 years back
order on this lens. Guess he was not joking.

5-6 years back order? Perhaps, if all the orders are prepaid, Leica can
afford to build another wing to the existing factory just to build this lens.

Total allocation of 17 pieces for the fiscal year? How long is Leica fiscal
year? Two weeks of a calendar year? It can't be as long as a calendar year
if they can only produce and fill 17 back-ordered items a year.

There is something rotten in Solm.

Pitak