Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Expensive Bags
From: "rlb" <rlb@triad.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2000 15:40:25 -0700

No flames from here Douglas.

The only person that I know that owns more bags than I do is Mark Rabiner.
He's a bag nut too.  The difference is that he loves everyone of his bags
and I like bits and pieces of each one of mine but none completely.    The
Billingham stays at the back of the closet because I never use it.  It's
beautiful to look at but for me very difficult to use.  Too many flaps and I
despise the zippered cover that you must go through to get to your
equipment.   Need more than one hand to go through it...at least for me.  I
also don't care for the leather catches that are either too snug or too
loose.     I bought my first Tenba several weeks ago and it's very well
made.  I should have bought the next larger size.  One of my favorites is
the Domke Leather F2.  It is extremely well made and isn't as floppy as the
canvas Domke.  I don't care for the metal hooks.  The strap on it is the
best strap that I have ever used.

I must agree with you about Tamrac.  They seem to better much stronger and
of better material than Lowepro's.  I have two different size Tamrac
backpacks and find I use them both more than anything else.  If I could only
get them onto my back without breaking my arms I would have it made!!

Bob Bedwell

Subject: [Leica] Re: Expensive Bags