Subject: [Leica] Black Dots
From: LEICAMAN56@aol.com
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2000 01:14:48 EDT

When I met with Hanns-Peter Cohn at PMA in February, he pointed to the black
Leica dot on the prototype LHSA camera and compared it with the red dot on
his Millennium.  He said, "Bill, surely there must be some mistake that the
dot is not red.   After all, the red Leica dot is Leica corporate identity.
I assured him that there was no mistake, this was what I specified for the
camera.  He then replied that this was OK if this was what we really wanted.
And now you know how the black dot was born.

Bill Rosauer
BTW, it is made of metal and painted black, not molded plastic.

Replies: Reply from John Coan <jcoan@alumni.duke.edu> (Re: [Leica] Black Dots)
Reply from "Simon" <simple@forestchina.com.hk> (Re: [Leica] Black Dots)