Subject: [Leica] RE: Canon 35mm LTM lenses
From: Doug Cooper <visigoth@echonyc.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 12:40:16 -0400 (EDT)

Larry Z helpfully wrote:  A similar but significantly
better lens is the slightly later Canon 35/2.8.

When you say that this rivals the Summaron in quality, were you referring
to the (highly valued) Summaron 35/2.8?   Again, my major concern is
bokeh; hearing that the famous 35/2 is "hard," has put me off my search
for that one.  If I could find a lens that rivals my 50/1.4 LTM in
personality, I'd be in heaven.

Also, while I've heard raves about the Jupiter 35mm, nobody has mentioned
its out-of-focus characteristics.  Any comments would be welcome.

cheers,

Your bokeh-obsessed LUGnut,

Douglas Cooper