Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Olympus Redux
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2000 11:29:36 -0700

Craig Roberts wrote:

> Doug Cooper wrote:  "It's the difference (and I'm about to be flamed for
> this) between the M6 and the M3:  the OM1 simply feels nice."
>
> Well Doug, you won't be flamed by me.  I've got both an OM-1n (w/Zuiko 50 mm
> f1.4) and a Leica M3 (w/ new 50 Summicron f2) plus 28 mm  and 135mm lenses
> for the OM.  It's a beautiful kit and both cameras feel wonderful.
>
> There was a time I wouldn't press the shutter release of anything but a
> Leica.  The OM-1 opened me up to the world of (gasp) other equipment.  I
> also own a (horrors!) NIKON F2.  It's my "can't hurt it...don't care if I
> do" brassed, black paint baby.  It even takes good pictures!
>
> Craig
> Boston

Both an OMI or a Nikon can shoot nice pictures. You want to "rediscover" them?!
How nice! I'd take it off list or your postings might be construed as "trolls"
and are off topic. And our replies might be construed as "flames."
Mark Rabiner
This whole thing of buying, selling and then re buying again whole camera
systems is not photography. Its buying, selling and then re buying again whole
camera systems. It's camera "trading." It's playing with money.

Message from "Craig Roberts" <croberts@zoomtel.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: Olympus Redux)