Subject: [Leica] My new M Grip
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2000 13:00:19 -0400

With all this talk about M grips, and what with the partial stock market
recovery and my recent birthday (don't ask), I decided to treat myself,
to....an M grip.

In the store, the grip seemed to feel right, so after 2 or 3 minutes of
indecision, I went for it.  The next day, I walked about town with it and
my 90/2.  I started to regret my purchase. I found that my last two fingers
(is there a name for the finger right before the pinky?) kept trying to
slide under the camera, and they kept rubbing against the edge of the
grip's bottom.  After awhile, they began to feel sore, and I honestly
thought that if I kept it up, they'd develop blisters.  Yesterday, I
discovered that if I placed my middle finger on the top part of the grip,
the the final two fingers wrapped naturally around the bottom part of the
front of the grip, and my first finger (see, every finger seems to have a
name but for the one before the pinky) fell perfectly over the soft
release.  This isn't a natural way for me to hold a camera, but it seems
comfortable and should be easy to get used to.

Has anyone other grip user found similar problems/solutions?

Dan C.

Replies: Reply from "anthony.l" <anthony.l@steam.ca> (Re: [Leica] My new M Grip)