Subject: Re: [Leica] Tele-Elmarit Filter Stuff - Avert your eyes BD
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2000 05:11:53 -0400

Define "late production". My TE has serial number 33 something (and
pictured on my Leica page), and I'm fairly certain (not 100%) that it was
one of the last made before the new 90/2.8 Elmarit replaced it.  It came
with the rubber hood.

Dan C.

At 10:53 PM 07-06-00 -0600, John Collier wrote:
>OK! Here goes. The 90/2.8 Tele-Elmarit  came with either a metal shade or
>folding rubber shade depending on vintage. The early and late production
>lenses came with the 12575 metal shade that reversed over the lens for
>storage and was then covered by the 14033 cap. It used E39 filters. The
>middle production lenses were provided with a folding rubber shade (11250),
>a filter adapter ring (11251) and a press on cap (11252). It would take E39
>filters or, with the 11251 retainer, series 5.5 filters. If you are not
>using a filter or are using E39 filters, you do not need the 11251 ring as
>the filter thread will hold the 11250 cap as well (or even more securely) as
>the 11251 ring. You can use the 12585 shade, or for that matter any A42
>clip-on shade but the protection provided is minimal. Leica still lists the
>12575 shade and the 14033 cap and they are also easily obtainable used.
>
>John Collier
>
>Oh! The filter retaining ring (11251) can be mounted before or after the
>rubber shade (11250) which is why it is both male and female threaded.
>
>> From: Sonnar502@aol.com
>>
>> Hmmmmmmm.  Now you've got me thinking: will the 12585 fit the "STE"?
Hold a

Replies: Reply from Bill Satterfield <cwsat@cyberhighway.net> (Re: [Leica] Tele-Elmarit Filter Stuff - Avert your eyes BD)