Subject: Re: [Leica] Canon LTM 35/3.2 -- nice lens or not?
From: "Douglas McLernon" <dhwsmc@eircom.net>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2000 16:17:23 +0100

Doug Cooper asked about this lens. The early ones were labelled Serenar and
were in chrome rather than the latter black Canon lenses. I have one my
father bought  new around 1955 in a fitted leather case with a separate
Canon 35mm viewfinder. It looks and feels like the Leica offering of the
time, as  well finished and machined. I don't use it much because from wide
open until about f/5.6 it is not an outstanding performer. When  I do see
them from time to time second hand they  don't seem to be going for very
much ( less than 100 UK pounds) but there may be a collectors market in the
Far East. I have been told, but have no personal experience that the f/2 is
a much better lens.
Regards,
Doug
Dublin, Ireland