Subject: [Leica] more books for Sal's lis
From: Richard Palmer <vicmalta@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2000 23:43:53 -0400

I believe today is the deadline for Sal DiMarco's book list. I already
submitted three
books, but it felt so good doing this that I would like to do it again.
They are:

                                Winogrand
                                 Figments from the real world
                                 by John Szarkowski- The Museum of
Modern Art N.Y.
                                 LCC No. 87-62855
                                 ISBN 0-87070-3 {Clothbound}
                                 ISBN 0-87070-1 {Paperback}
This is a posthumously printed book from a MOMA exhibition _Garry
Winogrand. It includes
images from some quarter million or so that he never saw.

                                 Sylvia Plach's Unguided Tour
                                 Aperture
                                 ISBN 0-89381-393-1 {Hardcover}
                                .ISBN 0-89381-393-8 {Paperback}
                                 LCC No. 89-82544

 Ms. Plachy is a photographer for the Village Voice. These a shots of
the "everyday" by a
photograher with a "poetic eye"

                                 Leica Manual
                                 15th Edition
                                 Morgan & Morgan
                                  Douglas O. Morgan
                                  David Vestal
                                  William C. Broecker
                                   ISBN 0-87100-003-2
                                  LCC No. 35-14997

 This is a great book! Covers equipment, technique. It has a fine
gallery of well known Leica
photograhers. For the gearhead in us all, the equipment is from the
early to mid seventies,
probably the last "pure" all mechanical, handmade Leica equipment.

Rich Palmer