Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 black paint
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2000 14:19:01 -0700

William Gower wrote:

> Brassing after only two weeks !
>
> ...am I the only one who thinks that is a little extreme ?
>
> I would expect a new camera to hold up a little better than that, could
> there be a defect in the paint ?
>
> Just wondering
>
> William

Could it be that the paint was put on in such a way to promote brassing? IF I
was in charge that's the way I would have it although I'd communicate that
clearly as it is an unusual approach to paint.
Like post-its for adheasives..glue that comes unstuck. Paint that rubs off
without too much trouble...
Gotta see that Brass! At least it was not "pre-stressed".
Mark Rabiner

Replies: Reply from Jeff Moore <jbm@oven.com> (Re: [Leica] M6 black paint)