Subject: Re: [Leica] Summicron 2/35 pre-asph answers
From: drodgers@nextlink.com
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 13:57:28 -0500

Jim

>>what are the relative merits of the 35 'cron 1.4
ASPH over the 35 2 ASPH, besides the obvious one of one more stop. I've
seen
nothing but praise on LUG for the 1.4 and I'm planning to buy a 35 soon.<<

Maximum aperture is really the only merit I see. But it's a big merit.I
have the 35/1.4 ASPH and I now use it 90 percent of the time. I also use it
wide open a great deal. And not just in low light. I'll shoot at maximum
aperture and high shutter speed merely to compress dof. It's the only fast
lens I've ever owned that's as good wide open as it is stopped down --
relatively speaking.

Dave