Subject: Re: [Leica] Leicaflex SL Lenses
From: Doug Herr <telyt560@cswebmail.com>
Date: 6 Jun 2000 11:20:03 -0700

On Tue, 06 June 2000, Hans-Peter.Lammerich wrote:

<SNIP>

> Take note that there are different macro or 1:1
> adapters. There are dedicated adapters only for use with either the 2.8/60 (1:1
> adapter) or the 4/100 (1:1.6 adapter), available in two and three cam version.
> For use with R3-8 bodies there is "macro adapter" for all R lenses, with and
> without ROM chip.

Hans-Peter,

Excellent point; I had forgotten about the 1:1 extension tube issues.  I'm using a 14256 macro adapter, which provides the same extension as the dedicated adapter for the 60mm macro lens, but I've modified mine so that it will work with the SL as well as with R bodies.  The dedicated adapter, particularly a 3-cam version, works with SL or R.  The modification to my 14256 was to replace the R-only bayonet with a Leicaflex-compatible flange; the restriction is that I must use stop-down metering with the SL, but I can also use it with any lens, not just with the 60.

Doug Herr
Sacramento
The ALL NEW CS2000 from CompuServe
 Better!  Faster! More Powerful!