Subject: Re: [Leica] Goofed with film advance on M3
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2000 10:39:51 +0200

Peter,

Sorry to hear of your misfortune. How about if you just lie to the people
and tell them that the lab lost or otherwise screwed up the film? ;-)

As for the alternate loading system, I believe you are thinking of the
Quick Load kit (catalogue number 14260). There are quite varying opinions
of it, some people hate it, others like it. I am in the latter group and
use one in my M3. It does not, however, make loading as easy as an M6. It
is still comparatively fiddly, but your chances of similar mishaps are
reduced. You should be able to find one relatively easy at any
well-stocked Leica dealer in Germany.

Nathan

Peter Niessen wrote:

> I hear there exist some loading systems which allow the !@#$%^*$$ M3
> film spool to be replaced with a M4/M6 sort of loading, which would
> make life a lot easier. Are they hard to find?

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Overijse, Belgium and Zurich, Switzerland
e-mail: wajsman@webshuttle.ch
General photo page: http://members.tripod.com/belgiangator
Belgium photo page: http://members.xoom.com/wajsman