Subject: Re: [Leica] Project Jerusalem, or the f/1.4 school of landscape
From: Bernard <4829.g23@g23.relcom.ru>
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2000 11:54:06 +0400

Johnny Deadman wrote:

> > Frankly, I find these impossibly dark--which may be a question of gamma,
> > but, then, why should a viewer have to fiddle with his/her monitor to look
> > at your images?
>
> Well, you tell me how you keep viewers on mac, windows 98, windows 2000, with
> or without colorsync, happy? Gammas varying between 1.8 and 2.2... with
> low-key images there is simply no way to keep everyone happy.

Getting defensive won't really help, will it now. There's a million sites out
there, which do not have the problems that yours does, so it must have something
to do with you, rather than people's awkward wishes, technical incompatibility,
etc. If you want people to view your pictures (that's what you're inviting
people to do, right?!), then fix the problem.

> crank up the brightness, if you're that concerned.

Let's try again: *you* should be concerned, because it's your show and your
reputation. If someone takes the time to warn you that something's wrong (and
yes, something IS wrong), then they're just being nice to you, whether you want
to acknowledge that or not.

Bernard