Subject: Re: [Leica] spherical aberrations was more d.o.f. with asph?
From: "Bud Cook" <budcook@attglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2000 12:54:46 -0500

Here are some possible explanations for good bokeh that I found elsewhere:

- - Radial and tangential aberrations to be about the same.
- - Round diaphragm.
- - No central obstruction (mirror lenses have very unnatural bokeh).
- - Spherical aberration is tolerable and even beneficial.

Spherical aberration seem to be like even harmonic distortion in amplifiers.
It's not irritating and in fact, it can be pleasing.

Bud

Message from Ebert Steele <k5cad@prodigy.net> (Re: [Leica] spherical aberrations was more d.o.f. with asph?)