Subject: Re: [Leica] Project Jerusalem, or the f/1.4 school of landscape
From: Martin Howard <howard.390@osu.edu>
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2000 13:01:16 -0400

jcoleman@interport.net jotted down the following:

> I believe that one of the signs of a great
> photograph is its ability to transmit what the photographer felt when taking
> the photograph.

ROTFLOL!  OK, I'm going to preface this by saying that I know that Johnny's
a great photographer and a hell of a lot better than I am (just look at
Human Traffic).  But the impression I get from looking at these colour
landscapes was that the photographer was thinking something along the lines
of: "Bah!  Another overcast, boring, mundane, dull, uneventful day in these
friggin' sticks."  The only one I can relate to at all is no. 11 with the
cow looking into the camera.  Looks like she's saying, "yeah, dude, I know
how you feel!".

What can I say: not my cup of tea.

M.

- --
Martin Howard                     |
Visiting Scholar, CSEL, OSU       |     "Life imitates email."
email: howard.390@osu.edu         |                -- Johnny Deadman