Subject: Re: [Leica] A law of photography
From: "Henning J. Wulff" <henningw@archiphoto.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2000 23:30:33 -0700

At 11:36 PM -0002 6/2/00, Greg Locke wrote:
>At 01:14 AM 03/06/00 +0100, you wrote:
>>on 2/6/00 7:39 am, Henning J. Wulff at henningw@archiphoto.com wrote:
>>
>> > When I shoot 35mm, I'm really happy if I get 5 enlargeables from a roll.
>> > One is more like it. When I shoot 4x5, at least every second one is
>>worth a
>> > print. One 4x5 takes about as much effort as 36 35mm shots. Comes out
>>even,
>> > for the input effort.
>
>...like to see you slinging that 4X5 around on an oil rig, a fishing
>trawler or my typical assignments, Henning. :^)  Some situations were meant
>for 35mm.
>
>Besides there is only one "BEST" shot from any shoot worth enlarging to any
>degree.
>Either you get it or you don't.

Greg,

When I'm leaning out of a helicopter or on the end of the boom of a
construction crane, or climbing up the outside of fly forms 500 ft up, I
don't try to set up a tripod, but it higher enlargements are requested, and
the light allows, I do use MF; usually the Mamiya 645. Handling that is no
problem. Sometimes, if it seems it needs it, the CamboWide with 4x5 film
is used with a Graphmatic back. Sometimes 35mm doesn't work. Sometimes it
does.

   *            Henning J. Wulff
  /|\      Wulff Photography & Design
 /###\   mailto:henningw@archiphoto.com