Subject: Re: [Leica] LHSA Camera Serial Numbers -- oh no Mr. Bill ....
From: Jeff Alford <jalford1@pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2000 21:31:58 -0700

This serial number thread is crazy. Leica does not only make ONE item at at
time, they are constantly producing R cameras, R lenses,  M cameras and M
lenses at the same time. This means that blocks of serial numbers must be
assigned to production runs of each item. How could you make sure all LHSA
cameras produced are sequential when you don't even know how many you are
going to produce?

Jeff Alford