Subject: [Leica] Re:
From: John Coan <jcoan@alumni.duke.edu>
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2000 15:52:34 -0400

Just an off topic comment on film flatness on medium format.  I never
really noticed a problem in this regard with my Contax 645 -- admittedly
the 645 negative is smaller than the 6 x 6.  However, there is a
solution in the Contax system if you want to spend a little bit more
money for your film inserts.  Contax offers a vacuum insert that sucks
the film flat against the pressure plate at the moment of exposure.

 In medium format, film flatness becomes a