Subject: Re: [Leica] Kodachrome
From: Harrison Mcclary <harrison@mcclary.net>
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2000 10:55:21 -0500

once upon a time Ted Grant wrote:

> For me and many others it's never been a quality thing, today it's an
> "Out of hand time concern!" And the extra potential of disaster the
> farther afield the film travels before it's returned.

Ted,

I shot one roll of Kodachrome about 3 years ago.  I hated it.  No problems
with the colors and such, but ship time.  Took 3 weeks to get film back.
When it came back it was scratched all to Hell, so I guess you could say for
me it is a quality issue.

Call me crazy but when a lab ruins a roll of film with severe scratching I
do not use that lab again.  Hence I'll not shoot Kodachrome again.

It is nice film but there are alternatives out there that I can take into my
local lab have done in 2 hours and if they screw up the film I walk into the
owners office and we can talk the problem through and the issue is solved.
Plus I do not have to worry about the wonderful US postal service losing my
film or leaving it in a hot truck for several days.

Oh yeah my clients want slides NOW not 3 weeks from now.......
- --
Harrison McClary
http://www.mcclary.net