Subject: Re: [Leica] Mr. Scarpitti and asparaco
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2000 06:15:58 -0700

asparaco wrote:
> Well howdy Ted so nice to hear from you.
> 1)The email that Mr. Scarpitti -"Mr. Small Shoes" posted was a private
> posting to him from me. He choose to post it on the list.<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Asparaco,
Well now it's unfortunate he did that, as he left himself open for
comment as I saw it posted. I've looked back at a few files and it
appears he is very much into KR, however it isn't the be all to end all
film. For some it is.

Yep it has great longevity, nice colour etc.  I have slides here from
around 1951-2 and they still look pretty good.  The National Archives of
Canada have thousands more from the passing years until about 10-12
years ago when I stopped using it for previously stated reasons.

> After reading the constant pillaring he receives on the lugnut list I wanted
> to encourage him because it nice to read a different view, in fact any view
> or prospective from the half dozen or so folks who monopolize the list.<<<<<<

It's a good thing for all luggrs to post, quite frankly the more the
merrier. But at times I believe if it weren't for those who keep the
screen alive, the monoplizers like them or not, it would be somewhat
mundane and sterile at times.

> 2)The reference toMr Puts refers to a posting by Mr. Puts to Scarpitti on
> the Kodachrome list so you would have to be on that list to understand it-
> Mr Puts apparently considers the Kodachrome List more valuable then this
> one-although I don't speak for him.<<<<<<<<<

Another fatal mistake for rebuttals. Particularly when elements of a
post are posted out of context and from another list and from another
person.  Me thinking it was, Mr. Scarpitti!

> 3)The rhetorical question -"but can you make or take a picture" was directed
> to and answered by Mr. Scarpitti  "Yer damn right I can since 1964" I
> thought because of his obvious passion and enthusiasm he was a young person,
> he is apparently young at heart.<<<<<<<

Aaaaah but aren't we all young at heart passionate LUG members who at
times allow our photographic passions run wild at times. ;-) Young and
old!  Sometimes "the old guys ;-)" are the most young at heart
passionate!   Now careful, I became 71 the other day and I'm about the
most passionate SOB in discussion of things "photographic."  However,
the passions of body to body, (young at heart or not!) :-)  I can't
quite remember what it was about! ;-)

> 4) Any other questions, Ted?   Gosh my self worth hasn't been questioned
> lately. As to whether I can take or make a picture the best indicator are
> the checks that come in the mail rather frequently and for rather large
> amounts.<<<<<<

Now you see what happens all because a private message was posted to the
open world.  I thought in the truest of terms, I was addressing Mr.
Scarpitti and here we have it appearing as though I am questioning your
ability and credibility, sorry that was not the intention , which wasn't
the case at all.

> Still enjoy your book Ted, keep it in the lobby now so the messengers and
> auditioning talent have something to look at while waiting.<<<<<<<

Thanks mon ami, Nice to know you didn't burn it because you or I misread
a couple of posts.
ted