Subject: [Leica] Re: Kodachrome
From: Doug Cooper <visigoth@echonyc.com>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 20:00:48 -0400 (EDT)

Kodachrome seems to be have a serious following here, but I've yet to be
convinced.  I shot gardens with K64 in Kyoto, and the colors were *dire*
relative to the same scenes shot with Velvia:  muddy, with a distinct
green-brown bias.  Reds were dull.  It does seem about as sharp as Provia
F -- perhaps not quite -- but I vastly prefer the color balance in the new
Provia, if I'm seeking neutrality.  For saturation, I'll shoot Velvia or
E100VS.

I intend to take some K64 out in Manhattan, to see whether it's just the
bucolic stuff that it mangles, but I really don't like it much.  (Is K25
much different?)

Douglas Cooper

Replies: Reply from "Bud Cook" <budcook@attglobal.net> (Re: [Leica] Re: Kodachrome)
Reply from "Richard W. Hemingway" <rheming@attglobal.net> (Re: [Leica] Re: Kodachrome)