Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Choosing a 50mm Summicron
From: "Jean-Claude Berger" <jcberger@jcberger.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2000 00:17:34 +0200

Hi Dave,

I don't know the English equivalent expression but in French we say something
like "grass is greener in the neighbor's field". I don't contest that the
current Summicron is a great lens but if I were you, I would try some 11x14
enlargements with the lens you already have. With an interesting picture, nobody
would ask if you took the shot with the best lens ever or only with the 3rd or
4th best lens ever :-). And don't forget that Mark could use an Instamatic and
still get eye popping images....

All the best,

- --
Jean-Claude Berger (jcberger@jcberger.com)