Subject: Re: [Leica] Slide Projector & Screen
From: "Richard W. Hemingway" <rheming@attglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 21:15:54 -0500

Joe wrote:

>For the price there is no better projector made than the Kodak Carousel
>within hundreds of dollars.
>The convenience of the round tray, the gravity feed, the millions of units
>made cannot be matched by anyone.

Yes and you can use a stack loader - if you can find them anymore.

>If you want something new, buy a Kodak Ektagraphic III projector. They have
>perfect registration, they are available for as little as $200 used. Than
>add a good quality lens such as the Golden Navitar 75-125 zoom and you will
>have a dynamite outfit. If it has to say Leitz, have the logo painted on the
>side.

I used a Kodak Ektagraphic III projector after I gave my Leica RT-300 to my
daughter.  However, I kept the 90/2.8 colorpan lens and the sleeve it was
used in with the RT-300. It fits the Ektagraphic perfectly.  I also gave my
daughter the Golden Navitar 90 lens that I had.  The colorpan was better.
The III is a great projector, however, I gave it to my daughter later and
took the RT-300 back.  I then bought a Leica P2002 Pradovit which I love,
expecially with the SuperColorpan lens.  I sold the 300 to a Lugger.  I
miss the ability to stack load the slides, however, in the apartment here
the straight trays that the P2002 uses, take up much less storage space.

My 2 cents,

Dick Hemingway
Plano, TX

Message from Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch> (Re: [Leica] Slide Projector & Screen)