Subject: Re: [Leica] Tripod for the R8
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 13:17:34 -0700

Wilber Jeffcoat wrote:

> Gerry : If possible would you tell me the product number for this Gitzo ball
> head. I use their Studex and Reporter Tripods and have always been very pleased
> with them
> Cheers Wilber GFE
>
> Gerry Walden wrote:
>
> > When I got my R8 I asked what the unthreaded hole in front of the tripod
> > mounting bush was for, and was told that it might be for a couple of
> > accessories.   The hole is replicated on the motor drive.   I have now found
> > one of those accessories.   I acquired a Gitzo tripod (G1201) with a ball
> > and socket head (G1276).   The head takes an oblong camera mounting plate
> > which has a spring loaded stud which fits neatly into the hole and stops the
> > possibility of the camera rotating on the head.   This makes this tripod
> > (and presumably other Gitzo tripods) a very neat, well made and sturdy
> > tripod for the R8 in particular.
> >
> > Gerry

Gitzo's new G1377 M magnesium centre ball (the one I just got) heads fit
perfectly on their tripods as well…
and are of a new design. Centered instead of offset. Lightweight although they
don't look it.
They compete very favorably in price and design with the Swiss heads that are
out there.
Mark Rabiner

Message from Wilber Jeffcoat <jeffcoatphoto@sumter.net> (Re: [Leica] Tripod for the R8)