Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: summicron 50 dr + m6?
From: "Noel H. Charchuk" <nhcharch@calcna.ab.ca>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 07:50:04 -0600 (MDT)

You can move the DR into close range without the eyes, if you depress the
small button on the top. However, you will not be able to focus, as the
image you see in the VF and the indication of focus is apparently focussed
at about 1 meter, the near range of the normal setting. The prism in the
RF window is necessary for proper focus, and the square glass in front of
the VF window shifts the image a significant amount. I guess you could
estimate focus, remembering the distance is from the film plane marking.

If the small lug on the back of the eyes is removed, I don't think you
will have a problem using them on the M6. However, I understand you MUST
remember to remove the eyes before taking of the lens, or mount damage can
occur. That is the reason for the lug.
For some examples of images shot using a DR, mostly at the near focus
range check out some images I have put on my site below.

http://telusplanet.net/public/nhcharch

The Summicron images are in the Spring shots on the home page, and the
links called Tulips, Gone to Seed, and Stages - Plum Blossoms.
Noel Charchuk