Subject: Re: [Leica] screw mount to M mount & Voigtlander
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Sat, 27 May 2000 23:32:41 +0200

John,

> What are eyes?  Why aren't they currently made?

The "eyes" were used with 35mm lenses on the M3, since it does not have 35mm
framelines. The need for them was eliminated with the M2 and newer cameras.

> What's a DR Summicron?  Why isn't it currently made?

A 50mm lens that was designed for close-ups (hence DR=dual range). I think that
Leica stopped making them once they had an SLR system with its macro lenses.

Nathan

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Overijse, Belgium and Zurich, Switzerland

e-mail: wajsman@webshuttle.ch

Message from John Coan <jcoan@alumni.duke.edu> (Re: [Leica] screw mount to M mount & Voigtlander)